No employer wants to terminate an employee. It is an unpleasant task and turnover is costly. Further, every termination carries a risk of litigation. In this webinar, we will discuss proper ways to discipline employees so you can hopefully avoid that unpleasant termination decision. Of course, litigation can never be completely avoided and your documentation of your disciplinary measures will be key in defending your organization.
- Use of progressive discipline
- Employer goals when disciplining employees
- Employer goals when documenting discipline
- Common mistakes in documentation
- Dangers of putting employees on “probation”
- When to decide to terminate an employee