About this event
How You Will Benefit
As dynamics in the work world continue to change, it is an increasing reality that employees no longer stay with the same organization for decades, but move from company to company chasing better opportunities and increased job satisfaction. Therefore, it is important for companies to be aware of the needs of their top-performing individuals and continue to challenge them. It is also important to establish a succession plan to replace employees if they decide to leave, or need to be dismissed.
According to a Career Builder study which surveyed over 2,600 hiring managers, 32 percent said top performers had left the organization within the year. Another 39 percent expressed concern that they would lose more top performers the next year. And perhaps rightly so. The same survey asked employees when they are looking to leave for a better opportunity, and 1 in 4 responded they would leave within the next two years.
This course will give you the tools to regain positive momentum after an important employee leaves, and teach you how to create a pipeline of new talent and potential leadership. As a result, you will be able to guide development activities of key employees, bring selection systems, reward systems, and management development into alignment with the process of leadership renewal, and avoid major transition setbacks.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
· Identify high-potential employees
· Conduct a gap analysis to identify current and future needs
· Develop a cadre of successors at several levels
· Use employee development plans (EDPs) as a tool for leadership development
· Consider individual results and adherence to values in your assessment of high-potential employees
· Identify pitfalls of poor planning or no planning
· Measure, evaluate and refine your succession management program
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
· Benefits of actively managing succession planning
· Mistakes that contribute to poor succession planning
· The old and new principles of succession planning
· Leadership development strategies and coaching
· Developing your action learning experience
· Competency identification and implementation process
· Assessing alternatives to internal development
Please note: All classes are priced and billed exclusively in U.S. dollars, regardless of location due to the nature of exchange rate fluctuation and the need to have a stable ticket price offered.
Eventbrite will charge a fee per ticket purchased. Eventbrite service fee: 2.5% of the ticket cost plus $0.99 per ticket sold in U.S. dollars.