How You Will Benefit
Being a supervisor means taking on a lot of responsibility. Delegating, disciplining, moving the company forward and promoting key workers just scratches the surface of a supervisor’s responsibility. Therefore if there is a disconnect between a supervisor and his or her employees, there is a huge cost to pay in productivity, team-building and communication.
According to an infographic at officevibe.com, three out of four employees think that their boss is the worst and most stressful aspect of their job. In addition, bad bosses cause companies to spend an estimate $360 billion each year in healthcare! Bad bosses also cause employees to be less productive.1
This course will teach you how to be a relatable, respectable and dependable supervisor able to keep all aspect of your team in-check. As a result, you will be able to have a clear direction, meet your employee’s needs, handle difficult conversations with ease, and boost your assertiveness as a boss.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
• Identify the characteristics of assertive behavior and include them in your interactions.
• Ask directly for what you need without being aggressive.
• Confront problem behaviors successfully.
• Create equitable compromises with employees and peers.
• Hold others accountable.
• Manage conflicts to achieve productive outcomes.
• Deal with difficult people effectively.
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
• Developing emotional awareness
• Understanding your level of assertiveness
• Establishing credibility and trust
• Anticipating typical responses to confrontation
• Understanding the escalation process
• Handling specific difficult personality types
What the Course Offers
• Interactive learning setting
• Opportunity to apply the concepts in a risk-free environment
• Thorough set of materials: Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, classroom PowerPoint presentation, and one-page Learning Summary