Conflict is inevitable in the workplace yet necessary. This is called healthy conflict. Unhealthy conflict however is damaging and is a cause for concern. As a supervisor you must understand that the reasons for conflict are far ranging – from personality styles to unintentional favoritism as well as team members abilities to handle change.
Areas Covered During Training
- The supervisor’s role as a mediator not just a person of authority
- A focus on the facts involved while being cognizant of employee’s emotions
- Uncovering and concentrating on the problem itself, not just the people involved
- The 5 Methods of resolving Conflict:
- Competing, Collaborating, Compromising, Avoiding and Accommodating
- Understand how follow up, feedback and reinforcement is mandatory
Why Should You Attend
Gone are the days where a supervisor can say “Because I said so” and everyone falls in line. It is important to address conflict because unresolved conflict leads to low morale, increased turnover, loss of productivity and, in extreme cases, workplace violence.
Already have Aurora Training Advantage access? Log in to your account here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/login/
Need to purchase an Aurora Training Advantage access? Click here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/membership/?term=annual&promo=honda79