PRINCE2 Agile® provides structure, governance, and control when working with agile concepts, methods, and techniques. It is a solution combining the flexibility and responsiveness of Agile with the clearly defined framework of PRINCE2. PRINCE2 Agile® framework covers a wide range of agile concepts, including SCRUM, Kanban, and Lean Startup. The PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation certificate is designed to help professionals deliver agile projects by tailoring PRINCE2 management controls with a broad toolset of agile delivery techniques and frameworks.
PRINCE2 Agile® is an extension module tailored for forward-thinking organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. It provides further guidance on how to apply agile methods to the world’s most recognized project management method. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile® in a scenario situation.
- Agile methods allow organizations to realize the benefits of products and potentially an earlier return on investment while products are being developed and improved.
- Improved communication through the use of common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
- Develop a clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, while PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole.
- Seamless integration: PRINCE2 Agile® will complement PMBOK® and APM Body of Knowledge® just as PRINCE2 does currently. It will also be of interest for Program Managers with MSP® who need to understand how projects relate to the delivery mechanism.
- The most up-to-date and relevant view of Agile project management methodologies, PRINCE2 Agile® references the “flow-based” working featured in Kanban in addition to other agile concepts not covered in other qualifications.