P3O is the AXELOS standard for the design of decision-making processes regarding changes in organizations. P3O provides a guideline for the design of portfolio, programme, and project offices in organizations.
The P3O Practitioner Course is an interactive learning experience. The P3O Practitioner-level content provides you with sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model. It enables participants to successfully complete the associated P30 Practitioner exam and achieve the qualification.
In this course, you will be prepared to successfully attempt the P3O Practitioner exam and learn how to implement or re-energize a P3O model in their own organization.
Note: This course may be purchased in conjunction with the 3-day P3O Foundation course.
Included in the purchase of the course is one attempt at the official P3O Practitioner certification exam.
A copy of Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices: P3O – 2013 Edition (official manual from AXELOS) may be included if you have not previously taken the Foundation course.
This course is designed for:
P3O Practitioner qualification is targeted for those who:
- Aspire to join a portfolio, programme, or project office environment
- Are new to a portfolio, programme, or project office environment
- Consider deploying or reconfiguring the P3O model
- Are involved to delve into optimization of the strategic decision making
- (Portfolio) Managers
- Programme Directors
- Senior Members of a Portfolio, Programme, or Project Bureau
What you will learn
At the end of the P3O Practitioner course, you will be able to:
- Define a business case to get senior management approval for P3O
- Build a right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity
- Identify the elements, roles, and functions deployed in a generalized P3O model
- Use tools and techniques in running the P3O and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects