The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to learn how MSP can be applied to real live programmes and it prepares participants for the MSP Practitioner examination.
This level aims to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment.
The course is entirely focused at applying MSP in programme scenarios. Exercises will be based on the participant’s own experience, and a case study with a similar format used in the Practitioner Exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MSP.
MSP was developed as a best practice guide on Programme Management. The guide comprises a set of Principles and a set of Processes for use when managing a programme. MSP represents proven programme management best practices, in the successful delivery of transformational change, through the application of programme management. MSP is very flexible and designed to be adapted to the needs of local circumstances.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts:
- MSP Principles. These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change.
- MSP Governance Themes. These define an organization’s approach to programme management. They allow an organization to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organization structures and controls – giving the best chance for success.
- MSP Transformational Flow. This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme, from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes, and benefits.
Included in the purchase of the course is one attempt at the official Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner certification exam. A copy of Managing Successful Programmes (official manual from AXELOS) may be provided if you have not previously taken the Foundation course.
Note: This course may be purchased in conjunction with the 3-day MSP® Foundation course.
This course is designed for:
- Programme managers who may have a background in managing projects, but have not previously operated in a transformational change environment
- Senior managers who will “sponsor” the change, or perhaps be held accountable for its success
- Programme office staff (PMO) wishing to build upon their project management knowledge
- Experienced project managers
- Business change managers
- Senior Responsible Owners (a.k.a. programme executives)
- Other specialist / governance roles involved in supporting programmes that follow the MSP guidance, as well as those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g., programme managers)