This course explores the DMAIC process in depth and enables you to achieve IIL’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
DMAIC is the foundation of Lean Six Sigma and process improvement. The incremental steps of “Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control” give structure and guidance to improving quality, performance, and productivity.
Green Belt is not just a role, it is also a competency required for leadership positions at many top companies. This learning series is designed to enable participants to fulfill the important role of a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and to incorporate the Lean Six Sigma mindset into their leadership skills. With a real-world project focus, the series will teach the fundamental methodology, tools, and techniques of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control Process Improvement Methodology.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Requirements
Candidates for IIL’s Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification must attend the Green Belt Certification Program and achieve a passing score (70% or higher) on each of the two 50-questions online exams. In addition, candidates are required to lead and complete a process improvement project within one year of course completion.
This course is designed for:
- Business leaders
- Operational managers
- Process owners
- Project managers
- Team members
- Individuals wanting to understand process improvement
- Future leaders wanting to learn this valuable skill set
What you will learn
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies for effectively leading high performing process improvement teams
- Analyze whether projects align with business strategy
- Apply process improvement methodologies to DMAIC steps, based on real world scenarios
- Explain ways to appropriately respond to process variation
- Distinguish among best practice problem solving methodologies
- Evaluate and effectively communicate data-driven decisions, based on real world scenarios