When we start adopting an Agile way of working, reality quickly proves to be much more complex than expected. Do you need to employ concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management? Would you like to understand all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organized, roles and team structures, and its overall scope?
As a team leader you strive to be more agile and help your team be more productive. To succeed, you need an agile mindset, combined with leadership and team management skills. At the same time need to do so within the context of your organization and its culture. The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provides tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, remove impediments and to tailor your team’s way of working (WoW) so it matches and reflects the unique situation of your unique team.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be prepared to begin your Disciplined Agile certification journey.
This DALSM Certification means you:
- Are experienced leading Agile Teams
- Are starting to coach others
- Have the potential to be a “junior coach” under the guidance of a senior coach
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision toolkit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Procurement and many others work together. DA also describes what these activities should address, provides a range of options for doing so, and describes the trade-offs associated with each option.
DA is architected into four views:
- Mindset. Builds on the foundations of agile and lean to address enterprise realities.
- People. Roles, responsibilities, and team structures.
- Flow. This captures the dynamic aspects of processes via lifecycle diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Practices. This captures detailed strategies/techniques that are put into context via process goal diagrams.
About the Program
This training is made up of the following modules:
- Foundations of Disciplined Agile
- Choose Your WoW™ (Way of Working)
Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) will be provided if you have not attended a prior DA course.
Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist, with free first year membership and full benefits, a $50 US value.