Reducing turnover and fast-tracking new employees to productivity is a key business imperative. The reality is that about 30% of employees don’t make it past their first year and it’s expensive. Good recruitment and hiring can be quickly undone by disorganized poorly executed new employee orientation. And as millennials become a driving force in the workplace, they represent special opportunities and challenges. Every generation has unique needs and Millennials are no different. But good onboarding practices for Millennials is generally good for everyone. This is an opportunity to step up our game.
The research is clear; a systematic comprehensive onboarding process is good business. In fact formal onboarding increases the chance of keeping a new employee for at least 3 years by 69% and one study showed employees were productive two months earlier with an effective program. Employees get up to speed quicker and stay on the job longer when their first year experience is well managed.
Best practices onboarding integrates the employee into the company through socialization, acculturation, training, and coaching. The result is employees who clearly understand their role and feel connected to the company. We’ll show you how best of class programs start onboarding during recruitment and have a systematic program for the first year of work. This webinar gives you the key components to a cost-effective onboarding plan that will increase retention and productivity.
- The purpose and benefits of a great onboarding program
- Understand the 5 key components of a best practices onboarding program.
- Understand the four “C’s”: Compliance, Clarification, Culture, and Connection
- 8 Tips for enhancing Millennial onboarding
- Applying gamification to onboarding – why and how
- How to structure a comprehensive onboarding plan
- Nurturing Millennials from the start
- Five metrics to help measure effectiveness
- How to build connections with new hires
- Quickly getting Millennials to their full potential
- How retention interviews support onboarding
- Receive an assessment of your onboarding program
- Receive coaching and mentoring questions to build engagement and loyalty
- How to use technology to modernize your program
- Best practices for effective programs
- Problems and pitfalls to avoid in building your program
- Tips and ideas to make your program more effective
Handouts and samples
- Coaching questions for retention and engagement
- Onboarding program assessment
- List of 100+ onboarding best practices
Already have Aurora Training Advantage access? Log in to your account here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/login/
Need to purchase an Aurora Training Advantage access? Click here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/membership/?term=annual&promo=honda79
And the registration link needs to point to the discounted link, not the “public link” so our suppliers don’t massively overpay per webinar when they could access all of them for $79/yr. 😊 – https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/membership/?term=annual&promo=honda79