The math and measurement course (see registration link below) is available the two days prior and is designed to help the print reader work with the units of measurement on the blueprints and give practical hands-on experience in measuring using precision metric measuring tools.
The Blueprint section of this course consists of both general and Honda specific information about blueprints.
Math & Measurement –
How many decimeters are there in a millimeter? Or is it the other way around? The math and measurement part of this course is designed to help the print reader work with the units of measurement on the blueprints and give practical hands-on experience in measuring using precision metric measuring tools.
The Blueprint section of this course consists of both general and Honda specific information about blueprints. Register for Honda Blueprint Reading at the link below.
- Powers of Ten
- Base units of the metric system (prefixes)
- Conversions within the metric system (meters, grams, liters)
- Micrometers (OD)
- Cartesian Coordinates (Honda’s T, B and H)
Blueprint Reading – June 19-20
- Alphabet of Lines
- Honda’s titleblock information
- Drawing Numbering System
- Design Change Number System
- Honda abbreviations
- Honda Engineering Standards
- Honda Specification Sheets
- Honda Grid Coordinates
- Orthographic Projection
- Sectioning and Viewing Planes
Please note – if taking Blueprint Reading class without the Math & Measurement course, it is the responsibility of each attendee to have/gain math and measurement competency.
* We will be using Honda Blueprints in this class to provide hands-on experience for each learner. If you have questions about your specific prints, bring them along and we will try to help you answer them
What Attendees Are Saying:
“Don does a fantastic job! I valued learning about drawing symbols and explanations. I can use this info when referencing formulas and guidelines.”
“All of this was much needed – thank you! When I look at part specs at work I will definitely use what I learned in this class.”
“In both parts of the class (math and blueprint) I learned a lot, like how to keep things simple. This will help me to use blueprints for keeping fixtures up to standard.”