Service and support animal accommodation requests are on the rise. The myriad of issues surrounding these requests increasingly hound in-house counsel and HR professionals, who must balance the needs of those who have requested the accommodations and other employees who may or may not feel comfortable around animals. This session will cover the following topics, with an eye toward keeping you out of the doghouse.
- Navigating accommodation laws impacting service and support animal requests including the appropriate supporting documentation that may be requested
- Service animals vs. support animals
- Employee requests vs. customer and invitee requests
- Best practices for addressing co-worker and customer concerns
- Managing employee compliance with service animal behavior expectations