The Legal Use of Social Media, Credit Reports, Driving Records and International Screening in Hiring
Employers and recruiters have discovered a treasure trove of information on potential job applicants online. However, the unrestricted use of social media and search engines in the hiring process can be risky. This session will examine the pros and cons of utilizing social media, including what is available online, discrimination issues, the use of legal off-duty conduct, privacy, accuracy, and authenticity. Learn strategies for getting the information you may need while minimizing potential dangers.
The webinar will also give a broad overview of a number of additional background screening tools as well, including credit reports, driving records, drug testing, and international background checks.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Learn how employers, human resources, and recruiters are using search engines and social network sites to source and screen candidates.
• Review what sites are available and what you may find.
• Understand the risks in using these sites.
• How discrimination laws and rules concerning off-duty conduct apply.
• Uncover best practices for all stakeholders: Employers, HR, recruiters, and the job applicant.
• Be introduced other important tools, such as credit reports, driving records, drug tests, and international background checks.
The non-required text for the curriculum is “The Safe Hiring Manual” (3rd Edition / January 2017 / 826 pages) by presenter Lester Rosen and is available from Amazon.
Already have Aurora Training Advantage access? Log in to your account here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/login/
Need to purchase an Aurora Training Advantage access? Click here: https://atajune2018.eventbrite.com