Excel Agility: Preventing Errors in Your Spreadsheets
When you attend this comprehensive presentation, you’ll learn from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, a variety of tricks and techniques to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets as well as audit the spreadsheets created by others. David covers how to implement a variety of helpful Excel functions, including VLOOKUP, SUBTOTAL, OFFSET, SUM, and others.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
• Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
• Comparing and contrasting IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learning which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
• Summing disparate sections of a spreadsheet quickly with the SUBTOTAL function.
• Using Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
• Future-proofing VLOOKUP by using Excel’s Table feature versus referencing static ranges.
• Discovering techniques that automatically provide fallback positions in the event you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet.
• Using Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
• Getting a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
• Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
• Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
• Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
• Toggling the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
• Apply Data Validation to document input cells and enforce data integrity.
• State how to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with a single command.
• Apply Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
Already have Aurora Training Advantage access? Log in to your account here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/login/
Need to purchase an Aurora Training Advantage access? Click here: https://ataapril2018.eventbrite.com