Under the ADA, an employee must be able to perform the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation. But just what are essential functions? Are the functions what you would like in an ideal world or are they truly essential?
- Using job descriptions to identify essential functions of a job
- Real case scenarios where employers went wrong by reassigning essential functions
- Can something that doesn’t happen often be an essential function?
- Reasonable accommodations and essential functions
- Working with your worker’s compensation adjuster when an employee temporarily cannot perform essential functions