Module 1 – Taking Control of Conflict
How You Will Benefit
When you think of your job, conflict probably – hopefully – isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But have you ever found yourself complaining about having to work with a colleague who is particularly stubborn or bossy? Or perhaps replaying an encounter with your supervisor that left you feeling frustrated? Most people have been involved in some form of conflict in the workplace, its extent ranging from mild disagreements to explosive standoffs.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Identify your preferred strategy for handling conflict
- Understand the characteristics and drawbacks of each typical approach to conflict
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
- The five strategies that people use for managing conflict, as well as the underlying theory and model behind them.
- When it is appropriate to use each of the conflict strategies and how to overcome the habit of overusing any one approach.
Module 2 – Conflict Resolution
Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. This course will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size. Your participants will also be provided a set of skills in solution building and finding common ground.
In the Conflict Resolution workshop, participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. Dealing with conflict is essential for every organization no matter what the size. If left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even lawsuits.
· Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
· Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
· Understand the five main styles of conflict resolution
· Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
· Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict
· Be able to use basic communication tools, such as the agreement frame and open questions
· Be able to use basic anger and stress management techniques
All students attending the session will need to be paid for and registered. Each student MUST have a laptop with a working microphone AND camera.
Class materials will be shipped to the address you submit in your registration. If a shipping error occurs based on the information you provide or your facilities mail policies you will receive digital material access. If this happens, please review the Digital Material Acknowledgment in regard to steps needed to receive class materials.
Cancellations/refunds/transfers must be completed no later than 10 business days from the registration closing due to shipment dates. Substitutions of students from the same company may occur up to the morning of the class.
Due to exchange rate complications, all pricing is in USD regardless of where the class occurs. Eventbrite fees include .99 per transaction plus a small credit card processing charge.