Regardless of skill, hiring a person who is a bad fit is wrong decision. In fact, traditional interviewing predicts future success by only 10%. With a bad fit, the employee is never going to reach optimum performance, be fully engaged, and they are likely to leave. The company is then left with another expensive recruitment along with the disruption of having talent walk out the door. (Recruiting expenses are typically 50 – 100% of an individual’s annual salary).
The minute a new employee walks in the door they begin to evaluate whether they made a good decision (70% of new hires make the decision to stay at or leave an organization within their first six months). If it is a poor fit they never become engaged and typically they turnover quickly leaving you to pick up the pieces.
The solution is to implement strategies that identify the right talent (skills and abilities) and the right fit (personally, culturally, and socially). And there are three critical strategies that will make it a good match for you and the employee.
- Behavioral Based Interviewing – to accurately assess the candidate’s skills and abilities and goodness of fit. Behavioral interviewing looks at what the candidate actually did vs. what they hypothetically would like to do. We’ll show you how to use this style of interviewing to your advantage.
- Realistic Job Previews – RJP’s leverages the value of self-selection. In other words, it is a technique of making clear to the candidate what the job really entails. If a candidate clearly understands the environment on the front end they will more accurately make a good choice for themselves and for the company. One study found that candidates with RJP’s 22% were looking for a job but without 88% were looking for a job.
- Onboarding before the candidate says yes – When onboarding starts prior to a job offer, research shows that retention and engagement are improved. During the selection process is a great time to clarify company culture and expectations. Using Realistic Job Previews as part of onboarding increased engagement from 14% to 93%!
In this program you will learn:
- Learn the “SOAR” method for creating Behavioral Based Interviewing
- Receive 43 Behavioral Based Interview Questions
- Top 10 Tips for Interviewers
- 15 Key Competencies to Add to Your Job Description and Include in Interviews
- Understand source of interviewer rater errors
- How to link corporate values to employee selection
- How to interview for “best fit”
- How to integrate onboarding into the initial phase of recruiting
- The 4 “C’s” or onboarding
- Why mission, vision, value, and culture matter and how to fold them into onboarding and recruiting
Already have Aurora Training Advantage access? Log in to your account here: https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/login/
Need to purchase an Aurora Training Advantage access? Click here: https://atajune2018.eventbrite.com