How You Will Benefit
Much of what people do is solve problems and make decisions are often “under the gun”! Associates are stressed and very short pf time. Consequently, when they encounter a new problem or decision they must make, they react with a decision that seemed to work before. It is easy with this approach to get stuck in a circle of solving the same problem over and over again. Because of the difficulty associated with identifying problems before they occur, most companies do not attempt to identify problems until after they experience their effects. Companies attempt to discover the problems at this point to avoid recurrence. After-the-fact problem identification usually focuses on the failure mechanism rather than the true root cause(s). Therefore, it is often useful to get used to a structured approach to problem-solving and decision-making such as 5P. Not all problems will be solved by following this rational approach, however, the clear majority will be addressed.
Benefits of Utilizing the 5 Principles
A workplace with a Problem-Solving environment will:
– Assist in defining complex problems
– Enable prioritization of problems
– Allow team members to understand their role(s) in problem-solving
– Increase efficiency and productivity
– Enhance team building and increased feelings of competency
At the completion of this module, participants will increase their ability to:
– Identify the Main Steps of a Problem
-Solving Process- Institute containment strategies while problem solving efforts are underway
– Facilitate or Participate in Team Problem Solving Sessions
– Apply tools to identify and confirm root cause(s) of problems- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of countermeasures taken to address root cause(s)
– Improve your ability to Contribute to Your Company’s Problem-Solving System
– To capture and Organize Information Needed to Complete a 5P Worksheet
– Have an overview of the key points for a Problem-Solving System
Key Topics Covered
This course explores the following subjects in depth:
– 5 Principles for problem-solving
– Problem-solving defined
– 14 discovery questions, 5W2H notes
– How to create a problem statement
– 3A method- Cause “Lifecycle”
– Data collection and analysis
– Containment actions required
– Investigating past problem history
– Guidelines for brainstorming
– Cause and effect diagrams
– Questioning to the void
– Applying and documenting countermeasures
– Understanding FMEA’s and RPN’s as affected by countermeasures
What Attendees Are Saying:
“I’m new to the job, this class helped me to build a system for looking at problems.”
“The book has a lot of good reference points to refer back to when doing exercises.”
“I work in maintenance and deal with equipment failures on a daily basis. This will help considerably at my job.”
All students attending the session will need to be paid for and registered.
All necessary class materials will be provided as an onsite/in-person attendee.
Photo ID is required upon check-in. Cafeteria service is not available at HSO! Please arrange to bring your own lunch.
Cancellations/refunds/transfers must be completed no later than 10 business days from the class date. Substitutions of students from the same company may occur up to the morning of the class.
Due to exchange rate complications, all pricing is in USD regardless of where the class occurs. Eventbrite fees include .99 per transaction plus a small credit card processing charge.